*Original Drawing acquired by The Cincinnati Art Museum, 2022
“Black on Both Sides” is a meditation on the complexities of male adolescence, preservation of innocence, objectification of the Black body and the constant struggle to be seen, heard, respected and loved. This drawing debuted in Horton's first solo exhibition, "Coming of Age", at the Alice F. & Harris K. Weston Art Gallery in Cincinnati, Ohio in November of 2021. The "Coming of Age" series is conceptualized to explore, celebrate and affirm the innate innocence and vulnerability of black youthfulness. This portrait is of his own 14-year-old nephew and serves as Horton's style of next-generation narration, which is becoming a channel for Horton to study his own adolescence.
Sizes: 30X34 & 21X24
Prints on Epson Enhanced Matte Paper
Hand signed, titled by Gee Horton but not numbered.
Black On Both Sides
- We aim to support small businesses by partnering with local, fine art printing experts.
- All original artwork is digitally captured with a high-resolution H6D camera. We capture each piece to gain as much information as possible and ensure quality color reproduction. All reproductions are carefully scanned and printed on epson P9000 and P2000 printers.
- We have no inventory. Once your order is received, we then begin the reproduction process on a high-quality premium paper, using top-quality archival inks that will never fade.
FINE ART PAPER
- Epson Enhanced Matte paper
- A high quality smooth wood fiber matte paper with a bright white point. It yields highly saturated images, while maintaining excellent highlight and shadow detail.
- Signed and titled by the artist - does not include frame.
- Every print is made to order in a timely manner and packaged with care. Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery. All prints will be shipped securely rolled and in a tube.
- This item qualifies for free shipping when you spend over $450. Prints are final sale and non returnable.